A 56-year-old Ugandan man whose name was given as as Sentekola Gad, has reportedly choked to his own death during an “amateur eating competition” which was organized on Christmas Day, by one Salvan in Kibimbiri, Kihiri sub-country, Kanungu district.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Fred Enanga, who is the spokesperson of the Police command in the district confirmed Sentekola Gad’s death to newsmen on Monday evening, saying;
“The victim died when he was choked by the food he was eating and the body was taken the Kihihi health centre where it was established he was choked to death,” Authorities are now hunting for the organiser who did not follow safety protocols while organising the competition.
Enanga added that the organiser of the “amateur eating competition”, should’ve warned the competitors of the dangers involved and also have a medical personnel on board.
REXPNZ --CONTINUE READING BELOW--
“Under normal circumstances, the organizers of the event like in some developed countries, should have informed the competitors of the risk and have medical personnel on board, which was not done.”
A death enquiry file was opened at Kabuga Police Post under SD REF 04/26/12/2021. The PPRO warned the public against such risky contests like food and alcohol drinking competitions.
Also Read: Malami Mocks IPOB, says Idea of Granting bail or Pardon Nnamdi Kanu is Premature