Pastor Reno Omokri, a former presidential aide to ex-president Goodluck Johnathan, has said that the presidential aspiration and declaration speech, by the VP of Nigeria, Yemi Osibanjo, was watery and baseless.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Pastor Reno made gave his 2cents on Monday morning, on his facebook page, few hours after a tweet and video of Prof Osibanjo’s declaration video went online. Below is the full test of what Reno Omokri said after analyzing the video.
My Take on Osinbajo’s Declaration
1. Osinbajo’s declaration speech was watery and baseless. First of all, how could he say he is running to “complete the task” that Buhari started? Buhari stated extreme poverty and overwhelming security for Nigeria.
Under Buhari, our country’s debt has grown from ₦12 trillion in 2015, to almost ₦50 trillion this year (if the new ₦6 trillion loan requests are granted. If Osinbajo is running to “complete” that, then he is running to completely destroy what is left of Nigeria!
2. Osinbajo said he is running to “provide jobs for millions”. Those were his exact words. The fellow has been in charge of Nigeria’s economy for the last seven years, according to Buhari, who boasted that Osinbajo heads his economic management team.
Yet, Nigerians have lost jobs created by other administrations. His job record is FAILURE! Nigeria has less jobs now, than in 2015, and our unemployment rate has increased from 12% in 2015, to 33% according to the National Bureau of Statistics.
3. Osinbajo said he wants to “birth the expectations of greatness” for Nigeria. Under his leadership of Buhari’s economic management team, Nigeria became the world headquarters for extreme poverty. We do not need Osinbajo’s type of ‘expectation’!
REXPNZ --CONTINUE READING BELOW--
4. Osinbajo in his declaration speech said he “remained focused on securing the country”. That is an insult to the intelligence of Nigerians. Under Osinbajo and Buhari, Nigeria became the 3rd most insecure nation on Earth.
Only Iraq and Afghanistan are worse than us. We just witnessed a train bombing and the abduction of over a hundred Nigerians who are still with terrorists. Over 700 of our soldiers have been killed in the last 18 months. If that is what Osinbajo’s focus produces, then we don’t need it!
5. For years, Osinbajo has been posing as an intellectual. So, at the very least, we expected his declaration speech to be filled with his achievements in office. But it was instead filled with promises. Empty promises. Because he and Buhari have no achievements to show for their wasted seven years!
6. Osinbajo fooled us with his empty promises in 2015. Now, he is making new promises. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Don’t forget how he was doing Trader Moni during the last elections. Did he not abandon it after he and Buhari rigged themselves to a second term?
7. In summary, Osinbajo’s declaration speech was as short as him, because he has no achievements, no plans, no priorities. The only thing he has are promises. And let us not forget that this was the same man who promised to create 3 million jobs annually. The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour. And Osinbajo’s past betrays him as an echo of Buhari’s cluelessness!