Fire Service Saves Anambra Family from Gas Explosion

A lucky family has thanked their stars as the family from saved from a life threatening gas explosion which would’ve wiped them off the face of the earth on Christmas eve.

 
 

According to the Anambra State Director, Fire Service, Martin Agbili, he confirmed that the incident No 5 Abakiliki street, Awka, Anambra State. He also confirmed that the station received a distress call at around 1.50 am, It was gathered that one of the occupants was cooking but slept off.

 
 
 

He added that the roof of the house and its content were burnt but no death was recorded. In his words;

 
 
 

At about 0150hrs (1.50am) of today (Friday), Anambra State Fire Service received a distress call of a fire outbreak in a residential house at No 5 Abakiliki Road behind St Joseph the Worker Catholic Church and the back of Paktonia Hotel, Awka.

 
 

“We deployed immediately our firefighters and fire truck and moved in and we have fought the fire to a standstill. “A family cooking with their cooking gas slept off and left what they were cooking unattended.

 
 
 

“The roof of the house and its content was completely burnt but we saved the building and surrounding buildings. “The fire is under control now and there was no loss of life.”

 
 
 

Also Read:   Sergio Aguero Announces Retirement from Football at 33 due to Heart Condition Diagnosis

 
 
 

Share:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.