Sen. Hope Uzodimma, the governor of Imo State, today, launched a new commission in his state, called the Imo State Homeland Security and Vigilante Affairs, as one of his efforts to curb the security challenges in the state.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This is coming barely 72 hours after the governor vowed to release the names of the people sponsoring the attacks in the state, come January 2022, at the first Imo stakeholders meeting in the sate.
The governor also swore in 18 new commissioners who are mainly technocrats drawn from various professional backgrounds, to reconstitute a cabinet the governor had whittled down some months ago.
The new Imo State Homeland Security and Vigilante Affairs according to the governor, will be headed by Dr. Ugorji Ugorji. He might be a new face to many, so LatestNGnews.com took some time to build up a brief profile for the new commissioner.
Here are 8 Things You Didn’t Know About Dr. Ugorji Ugorji,
1. Dr Ugorji is the first commissioner of the Ministry of Homeland Security and Vigilante Affairs
REXPNZ --CONTINUE READING BELOW--
2. In Jaury 2021, Dr Ugorji was first appointed by Governor Uzodimma as the first-ever Special Adviser on Homeland Security and Intelligence for the state.
3. He is a world class Security Analyst and Global Affairs scholar, with expertise in human capital development, and homeland security.
4. By the age of 29 Dr Ugorji had already earned four university degrees – two bachelor’s degrees, one master’s degree, and a doctorate degree
5. His doctorate degree is in Educational Leadership and Administration
6. He is a graduate of Rutgers University, New Jersey, where he obtained his doctorate
7. He also bagged a second Master’s degree in Homeland Security from George Washington University, Washington.
8. Dr. Ugorji has over 35 years of experience in public administration at local, state, national and international levels.
At his thank you speech during the swearing in ceremony and appointment as the pioneer commissioner of the ministry of Homeland Security and Vigilante Affairs, Dr Ugorji said:
“First, I have no words that are adequate to express my gratitude to Governor Uzodimma. No matter how skilled or talented one is, it would amount to very little if one does not get opportunities to use or demonstrate them.
“I say thank you, I stand on the shoulders of those who came before me. My commitment is to help many others stand as well.”
Also Read: House Help Kills Snake in the Sitting Room While Oga and Madam Went on Night Vigil